If there is a better time to try new things than New Year’s, we sure can’t think of it! New Year’s is a time of new beginnings and fresh starts. Because of this, as the New Year rolls in people love to make resolutions! While many resolutions revolves around cutting something negative out, this year we at Healthy Little Cooks are challenging you to add in something positive by trying new foods in the new year. Read on to find out how to complete the new foods challenge!
What You Need
- Cookbooks or food websites
- Imagination and an open mind!
- Notebook or Calendar
- Pen, markers, or other writing tools
How the Challenge Works
- Congratulate yourself! You have already taken the first step of the Healthy Little Cooks New Year-New Food Challenge by reading this far!
- The Rules. Try any new foods that you want, but avoid processed and packaged foods or foods with added sugars. Think about how many new foods you want to aim to try. For some of you, your goal may be once a week; for others once a month will be a great goal. Remember you can always go back and change or modify your list later if you want.
- Brainstorm. Browse through this healthy food sites (like this one!), cookbooks, grocery circulars, magazines, and anything else you think might provide you with ideas of new and healthy foods you would like to try. Foods can be a single item you’d like to taste such aspomegranates, a new recipe you’d like to try, or a combination of the two.
- Make a List. Now that you are feeling inspired, put pen to paper and make a list of the foods you want to try this year. Use a calendar to plot out when you want to try new foods or make a master list.
- Take Notes. As you try new foods, make notes about what you like and what you don’t. With so many new foods, some will be hits and some will be misses, but the important thing is that you’re giving so many healthy new foods a try!
- Spur on One Another. Be sure to post to the Healthy Little Cooks Facebook page to encourage other Healthy Little Cooks out there and to let everyone know how you are doing!