What is more quintessentially ‘fall’ than heading to a local farm with a cup of warm apple cider in hand? Picking up fall produce a local farm is a perfect way to spend family time together as autumn comes around, but did you know that there can be much more to do at your local farm than just pick up a bag of produce? Gather your family and check out these autumn approved activities.
1. Pick Your Own Produce. Grab a basket and select your own produce. Many farms will allow you to pick your own apples or other fall produce and pay by the barrel. Even better than selecting your own produce? Your kids may be more eager to eat produce they plucked themselves!
2. Celebrate Fall. Check your local newspaper to see if any local farms are hosting fall festivals in the coming weeks. Corn mazes, tractor rides, and pumpkin picking will keep the whole family entertained all day long.
3. Pet the Animals. Farms that have young or tame animals may have an area set up to allow patrons to pet and/or feed the animals. This can be a perfect play date to have with other young families.
4. Host a Birthday Party. Avoid the mess of hosting a birthday party at your own home AND create a memorable day for everyone at the same time? Sold! Check with your local farm to see if they have any activities that would be birthday party friendly. From a hay ride to a tour of the farm, there are multiple activities that can make a birthday party one to remember!
5. Make a Reservation. It is hard to get more ‘farm to table’ than actually eating at a table at the farm. Many farms have onsite restaurants that use fresh produce, meat, and/or dairy from their farm. Get to the restaurant early to give yourself time to walk around the farm. Then, enjoy one of the freshest meals around.
[share title=”Share This!” socials=”facebook, twitter, google, pinterest, bookmark” class=”” icon_type=”fade” ]