Part Time Assistant
Healthy Little Cooks is growing and is looking to create a position for a truly dynamic assistant. This is an interesting role and your work would positively impact children, allow for networking opportunities, and offers a platform of flexibility to work from home. We are looking for a responsible, organized, and technical individual for 10 hours per week.
To Be Successful
This person must be super organized, technically savvy, have excellent online, written and in-person communication. In addition, you must have a demonstrated passion for healthy eating/living, compassion for those who are learning, and care deeply about helping people (kids and parents) learn, grow in the kitchen and have fun.
- Administrative tasks- emails, scheduling meetings and appointments, press release writing, blogging, light social media
- Calendar management
- Travel coordination
- Perform cooking demonstration 1-2x per month (occasional weekends included)
- Flexibility to fill-in at events and represent the brand
- MUST check-in 2x per week, must live within 25 miles of Howard County, and ability to FaceTime
- Due to the nature of our work, the assistant needs to be flexible, accessible, and trustworthy. It is a major bonus if you are good with numbers and have strong writing and editing skills. We are a growing business with a family culture, and your position will directly support the CEO of Healthy Little Cooks.
March 18th – 10-5pm – Bmore Healthy Expo ** great way to get partners/sign ups
May 5th – Guinness World Record Cooking Event
May 6th – Healthy Kids Cook-Off National Competition & Fit Kid Foodie Expo
May 20th – McCormick Spice 5K
Time Requirements & Expectations
- Average of 10 hours per week
- Must be available between Mon-Friday during normal working hours (time is flexible).
- Must be available on the weekend on “important dates” mentioned above
- Work from home (virtual) position with weekly goals
- 2 meetings per week with CEO via Facetime or in person
- Must live in Maryland/DC. Meetings will reside throughout Maryland and DC.
How to Apply
Please apply by emailing the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter & resume outlining what you can contribute to the team.
- Relevant links to your website, blog, and/or other social media.
- In the body of your email or by video please answer the following questions:
- What are your future goals and expectations
- Detail any experience, technology familiarity, and reason(s) why a 10-hour position works for you.
- What makes you super awesome?
- What makes you a little weird?
- What is your ultimate dream job?
We will only be contacting those that we wish to interview.
Thank you in advance for your interest in working with us and taking the time to apply. Your efforts are truly appreciated.