Part-Time Parent & Community Event Coordinator
The Parent and Community Events Coordinator is responsible for establishing partnerships and implementing outreach activities for Healthy Little Cooks with local schools, organizations, parents and PTA/PTO. This person oversees and manages event sign-ups, supports online webinars, engagement activities, community events, cooking demonstrations and builds new relationships with schools, human resource personnel, volunteers and organizations. Day to day, this person will be spending 85% of their time online or computer related activities and 15% meeting partners in person.
To Be Successful
This person must have high-energy, be super organized, excellent online, written and in-person communication. In addition, you must have a demonstrated passion for healthy eating, compassion for those who are learning, and care deeply about helping people (kids and parents) learn, grow in the kitchen and have fun.
- Manage, solicit and coordinate teams for HLC’s Guinness Book of World Record Cooking Class & Foodie Expo by contacting school administrators, PTA/PTO leaders, community leaders, etc.
- Manage Healthy Kids Cook-Off communication to partners to increase event participation
- Maintain sign-up lists, send emails and follow up messages to participants
- Engage local business HR Managers support Cooking Demonstrations
- Manage FB and social media pages (Healthy Little Cooks)
- Respond to questions, schedule by weekly webinars to promote event and do training
- Coordinate, engage and train volunteers (week of event)
- Write thank you cards for teams leaders, volunteers and partners
- Respond to requests posted on HealthyLittleCooks.com and messages by redirecting them to post events on website
- Support partner events via posting their events on our website
March 19th – 10-5pm – Bmore Healthy Expo ** great way to get partners/sign ups
May 6 – HLK – Cook-Off & Foodie Expo (Guinness Cooking Event)
May 20th – McCormick Spice 5K
Time Requirements & Expectations
- Average of 25 hours per week
- Must be able to work at least 4 hours daily Monday-Friday during normal working hours (time is flexible). The additional 5 hours can fall during working hours, in the evening or weekend
- Some weeks, you may work less. Some you will work more
- Work from home (virtual) position with weekly goals
- 2 meetings per week with CEO.
- Must live in Maryland/DC. Meetings will reside throughout Maryland and DC. Event takes place in Howard County and most partners will be within a 20-minute driving distance.
How to Apply
Please apply by emailing the following to email@example.com
- Cover letter & resume outlining what you can contribute to the team.
- Relevant links to your website, blog, and/or other social media.
- In the body of your email or by video (preferred) please answer the following questions:
- What excited you most about joining our team?
- What do you love about kids, cooking, working with schools or nutrition?
- What makes you super awesome?
- What makes you a little weird?
- What is your ultimate dream job?
We will only be contacting those that we wish to interview.
Thank you in advance for your interest in working with us and taking the time to apply. Your efforts are truly appreciated.