Glenwood Middle School
By: Amanda Carson, Grade 7
About this recipe:
“I have taken one of our family’s favorite recipes and have made a healthier version. The recipe was relatively healthy to begin with but I changed some ingredients and was able to reduce the calories, carbohydrates, fat and sugar content This is a quick, healthy recipe for the whole family to enjoy.”
“This competition is important to me because I love to cook and it is my passion and I want to share that with people. I love this recipe because it is so flavorful, easy, and something anyone can do.”
4 – 7 pieces of flatbread
1/4 cup sugar-free peach preserves
2 cups shredded roasted chicken
4 ounces of sliced Brie
2 nectarines, pitted and sliced
3 cups baby spinach leaves
1/4 cup bottled Fat Free Italian dressing
– Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
– Place pieces of flatbread on a baking sheet.
– Brush preserves over flatbread to within 1/2 inch of the edge.
– Layer chicken, brie, and nectarines on the flatbread.
– Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges are glolden and cheese just begins to melt.
– Top with greens and drizzle with dressing.
– (Makes 4 servings)