The holidays are upon us! If you are looking for some fun gifts to give to parents, grandparents, teachers, neighbors, and more, we’ve got you covered with these special kitchen-inspired gifts that are as fun to make as they are to give. These holiday gifts you can make are guaranteed to be favorites because they come from the heart!
- Framed Recipe. Do you have a favorite recipe that you would like to share with your loved ones? Writing it down in your own unique handwriting is a great way to share a keepsake with someone special. Help them preserve it for years to come by putting it in a pretty frame you make or buy. Make it even better by including a sample of the recipe you’ve cooked!
- Decorated Apron. You can get an inexpensive canvas apron at any craft store. Make it extraordinary by adding your handprints or other artwork with fabric paint.
- Painted Mug. Do some of the grownups in your life love starting each day with a cup of coffee or tea? Remind them of your love for them each morning by decorating a mug for them. You can do this gift project at home with permanent markers (we recommend hand washing the mug to preserve your art) or visit a paint-it-yourself pottery shop.
- Favorite Food. Never underestimate how much people enjoy a homemade treat at the holidays. Spend some time in the kitchen making one of your favorite foods to share with others. Quick breads, soups, and cookies all make great options. Hint: if food allergies are a concern for the recipient, be sure to list your ingredients to make things easier.
- Custom Spice Blend. If you consider yourself a bit of a chef (and we are guessing you might since you’re here!), you can share some of your culinary magic with friends and family by making them a jar of your favorite spice blend. If you have a blend of spices you like to mix together to add to some your favorite dishes, you can premix them for someone. Put the blend in a jar with a lid and tie a ribbon around it for a gift that’s sure to get plenty of use!