Kid Ambassador Mentor
Since 2010, Healthy Little Cooks has taught over 15,000 kids how to cook healthy and we’re seeking Culinary Mentors to support EKCC Kid Ambassadors in their community. EKCC Mentors are in the culinary and nutrition field, are chefs, culinary trainers, teachers, nutritionists and dietitians who love to cook, understand the value of healthy cooking and want to support kid culinary leaders.
EKCC Culinary Mentor Must Be:
- Caring and patient culinary professionals.
- Passionate about healthy cooking and nutrition.
- Possess at least one of the following credentials: CNE Graduate from the Academy of Culinary Nutrition, Graduate from a Recognized Culinary School, Registered Dietitian, Certified Nutritionist or Culinary arts teacher or FACTS teacher in Primary or Secondary Education.
EKCC Culinary Mentor Duties:
- Commit to fulfill all Mentor requirements for 12-months, averaging 10-15 hours/month.
- Mentor up to four (4) Kid Ambassadors
- Be available to support or co-lead Kid Ambassadors in hosting cooking demonstrations in your community
- Support cooking demonstration logistics and prep needs and ensure culinary and food safety. Duties including but not limited to food prep, demo prep, set up, clean up, take photos, working with parent/guardians.
- Host a monthly cooking class to further develop kid ambassadors passion for nutrition and the culinary arts.
- Be available for media interviews and promotional opportunities in your community.
- Participate in monthly conference calls with EKCC team and other Mentors.
- Co-point-of-contact for new cooking demonstration request in your area.
EKCC Culinary Mentor Hiring Requirements:
- Complete the application below
- Complete interview (in person or over the phone)
- Pass a background check
EKCC Financial Responsibilities:
- Background check ($40)
- Gas/Driving Time/Tolls Cost
- Annual Every Kid Can Cook Conference (August 2018) – Flight or Transportation cost
EKCC Culinary Mentors Receive:
- Premium McCormick Spice rack.
- Profile on Healthy Little Cooks with link to your biography and link to social media pages.
- Monthly training and support.
Target States for 2017:
Primary: Michigan, Texas, Louisiana, New Jersey, California, Ohio, Georgia, North Carolina, Washington DC
Secondary: Alabama, West Virginia, Mississippi, Delaware
** if you’re state is not on this list, please contact us to chat.
Please, email AmbassadorProgram@HealthyLittleCooks.com and an EKCC Representative will follow up with you!