Cooking Method: Oven
Special Diet: Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
Pulao is a rice mixed with all vegetables. This recipe is very healthy. Kids will love it and the taste is very delicious. Basically i felt this recipe is very easy to make and healthy too. it got more health benefits such as protein, fiber, potassium, calcium, lots of vitamins and iron. Last week I tried with help of my mom, it tastes very yummy and my family loves it.
Inspiration: New Creation
- 1 cup Rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup Carrot
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1/2 cup potato
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/4 tbsp pepper
1. Prepare rice to package instructions
2. Chop onion, spinach, carrot, green beans and potato.
3. Heat medium-size frying pan over a medium heat, and add melted butter.
4. Add cumin seeds to pan and sauté for about a minute, then add chopped onions and cook until golden brown.
5. Add chopped carrots, green beans, potatoes, and peas and cook until vegetables are tender.
6. Add chopped spinach, cook for another 2 minutes.
7. Add salt and pepper, and then stir to coat vegetables.
8. Add cooked rice and mix gently. Serve and enjoy!
About the Chef
Age: 11 – Maryland
Why is healthy cooking important to you? Eating a healthy and nutrious food is very important in our day to day life. It keeps us away from all flu, cold attacks, dust and other diseases. We should always prefer to eat a healthy snacks too. Also we grow very beautifully with good eyesight, long hairs, skin complexion will be good, no more sickness.
So I prefer to eat a healthy food even in cakes, cupcakes by adding more fruits in it.
I will be a very healthy kid ever and ever.